The easiest way to save relationships and customers is to be proactive…
…and the easiest way to be proactive is to automate reporting and triggers that nudge you to take the appropriate actions.
This guide shares how account management and CS teams are using Troops to streamline Upcoming Renewal Reports.
In Order To Make Magic Happen….
Channels: Direct Message, Customer Success
Recommended Schedule: 1-2x a week
⚠️ To utilize this report, you’ll need a field or activity type to designate Renewal Dates across accounts. Many companies have multiple dates related to a renewal such as opt-out dates, in addition to day payment is set to renew.
For our example, we will be using a custom Renewal Date field that maps to a closed won date from the opportunity once it’s closed, on to the account.
How To Do It
1. Create a Upcoming Renewal report in Salesforce
- Recommended report type
- Accounts or Accounts & Contacts
- Required filter
- Renewal Date → Next 90 Days (or quarter)
- Recommended filter
- Show: My Accounts
- Recommended layout*
- Account name, Annual Revenue, Last Activity, Contacts (custom field)
*Mangers can sort by Account Owner for team views
2. Enable the Upcoming Renewals report in your Troops dashboard
3. Pick a channel and schedule your report for delivery in Slack
- Recommended for CSMs: DM 1-2 a week
- Recommended for CS Leadership and Ops: DM 2x a week or before one on ones, Public in #customersuccess channel
The best offense is good defense…turn your team into proactive CSMs with a set and forget report like the one above!
Have questions, comments, or additional tips? Comment below or Talk to us!