To move things forward there always needs to be a next step…and as one sales leader told me, it better not just say “follow up”.
Troops makes it easy to identify when key field or values are not accounted for using “Field Hygiene” reports. Below we’ll walk through creating and scheduling a Next Step Missing report.
In Order To Make Magic Happen….
Channels: Direct Message, Public AE’s, or CRM Shame Channel
Recommended Schedule: Daily*
*Troops will only auto-deliver this report if SFDC identifies your field is actually missing.
⚠️ To utilize this report, you’ll need a field or activity type to designate next steps across the object you care about. We also recommend adding a Next Step Date field.
For our example, we will be using the Opportunity object and Next Step field to fulfill these requirements.
How To Do It
1. Create a Next Step Missing report in Salesforce
- Required filter
- Your designated next step field → Null
- Recommended layout
- Summarize by Opportunity Owner
- Company, Stage, Close Date, Last Activity Date, Next step Date (custom field)
2. Enable the Missing Next Step report in your Troops dashboard
3. Pick a channel and schedule your report for delivery in Slack
- Recommended for Sales Leadership and Ops: DM 1-2 a week or before one on ones
- Recommended for AE’s and SDRs: Daily in personal DM or AEs
Managers – you shouldn’t need to ask your reps to tell you what their next steps are in your meeting…those should all be clearly laid out for you to review before hand so that time can be spent on strategizing around implementation of those actions.
A field missing report like this can be used in many different instances, but we find this use case around next steps particularly valuable.
Have questions, comments, or additional tips? Comment below or Talk to us!