As you know, monitoring your team’s pipeline is probably the most critical functionality for your sales org. In fact, it’s probably one of the primary reasons you invested in a CRM. It allows you to track rep performance, monitor deals, set priorities, and forecast an outlook for your team.
With Troops and a Pipeline by Rep Report, you can bring that pipeline goodness into Slack, whenever you need to reference it. Most of our users like to pull the report before 1:1s between AEs and Managers, where the focus can turn immediately to strategic items. It’s great for remote 1:1s as well!
In Order To Make Magic Happen….
Channels: Personal DM
Recommended Schedule: N/A; Pull Ad-Hoc
⚠️ To utilize this report, you’ll need to have a way to track deals in your pipeline.
For our example, we will be using the Opportunity object to fulfill this requirement.
How To Do It
1. Create a Pipeline by Rep report in Salesforce
- Recommended filters
- Show only Open opportunities and set Date Field to Close Date in the Current FQ
- Recommended layout
- Summarize by Opportunity Owner
- Opportunity Name, Stage, Type, Amount, Close Date
2. Enable the Pipeline by Rep report in your Troops dashboard
3. Pick a channel and save without scheduling
- Recommended schedule
- N/A; You can pull the report as needed in Slack using “/troops-report”
Have questions, comments, or additional tips? Comment below or Talk to us!