April was a big month for us here at Troops, as we took the cover off a big project for us – pushing edits to Salesforce in the Slack messenger. This is just the beginning of how we plan on using this tech, so look for it to be integrated into other features soon!
The Key Takeways
- You can now update Salesforce from Slack with Search + Edit! Type “/troops + [search term]” in any slack channel to check it out. Here you’ll find a bit more on all of the bi-directional editing goodness
- Get more from Search: Now when you customize your Troops search, you can add attributes in the results that let you see your Open Tasks and key Last Activity info
- Filter Alerts on all Opp fields: We now additionally support filtering by product type, rep names, additional record types, etc. for the ultimate customization of alerts
- Easier Alert setup: For those of you who have set up an Alert, we knew that having to invite our bot to the channel you wanted to send the alert was a pain. Now, all of your Slack channels are pre-populated; no inviting required!
Other Updates…Small but Mighty
- Have a ton of reports in Salesforce? For those of you with access to over 2,000, we now show all of them in the Troops report builder
- Alert setup now includes the ability to type to look up the value(s) you’re looking for, which is especially handy if you have a long list of options on a particular field
- For those first signing up for Troops, we’ve improved some of the error messaging to help users through common setup questions and issues