Troops now supports updating your Salesforce free text fields from Slack!
Just type “/troops + [search term]” in Slack, select the text field on the object you want to edit, enter in your note, and click save.
We also wanted to answer a few commonly asked questions:
- How can I add my text field to search results in Troops? Just log in to your Troops account and configure search to add in fields that appear.
- Is using /troops search the only way to edit next steps? No – if you are getting our Close Date Alerts you can also edit text fields from that alert if it is configured to display that field.
- It looks like I can’t save what I am writing in? Once you finish typing in the message box, make sure to select your text below to confirm the entry. Then you will be able to save. Pro tip: After typing, use arrow-down then enter to make this easier.
- Can I log a call now? Logging a call from Salesforce is not yet supported.
- Can anyone update these fields? Yes! – however, a unique Troops account is needed to use search and edit, including free text. You cannot edit others search queries.
- How do I invite my team to use this? Invite other team members from Troops or have them sign up at app.troops.ai/signup.