About the Job
Want ownership and influence of the entire funnel at a high growth startup? Then you’re in the right place.
Troops is looking for a hands-on marketing leader who can help us accelerate sales pipeline with our most important accounts and educate the market.
You will be responsible for driving new sales pipeline through inbound & outbound channels, as well as honing our messaging and brand strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to get a front-row seat at a high-growth startup working with some of the fastest growing companies in the world. You will learn from proven startup veterans in a B2B environment working on an exciting product that is creating a new category.
For the first time ever, enterprise messaging platforms like Slack are being adopted and deployed by companies all over the world at an incredible speed. Troops has a front-row seat to building the most powerful applications on this platform and others like it.
We’ve helped hundreds of companies make this shift and we’re looking for a marketing leader with a successful track record to help us rapidly reach the massive group of companies out there that need our help! You’ll be given ownership and autonomy and will bring creative ideas to the table to help shape, refine, and perfect our process of helping grow our customer base and brand.
Roles and Responsibilities, and Outcomes
• Develop the brand. Define and hone in value proposition messaging in campaigns, sales support material, and on our website.
• Build a world-class marketing team over the next year. We’re looking for a hands-on leader who can execute, determine what we need, and then build a team to support it
• Lead the Demand Generation Strategy. Identify the best ways to capture interest from our target customer segments in an account based approach.
• Manage and execute multi-channel campaigns. This includes email, paid social, webinars, field events, website, etc.
• Partner with Sales. Work with the sales team to collaborate on winning accounts and key field marketing activities.
• Collaborate with our key partners. Strategize and develop joint-marketing plans to sell our solutions worldwide.
• Evangelize and educate to build the category. Educate and evangelize to the market why this new way of organizing your sales and revenue information is important.
The Ideal Candidate
• Successful track record of building world class marketing teams to fuel pipeline
• Is comfortable in setting the strategy and being hands on
• Proficient across multiple marketing disciplines
• Sets and manages KPIs
• Can lead and deliver a strong go-to-market message
• Cares about customers and likes engaging with them
• Is comfortable working closely with the sales team
• Is self-starting and is comfortable with ambiguity
• Can evaluate and prioritize trade-offs
• Is team player
• Has ABM experience
• Has at least 10+ years experience in B2B marketing
Troops is building intelligent software to help millions of people automate key workflows, eliminate busy work, and bring insights to make work easier. We have raised venture capital financing from firms like First Round Capital, Next View Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Slack, and others. We were recently selected to be in Bloomberg’s list of 50 most promising startups out of a field of 50,000 companies. The last time this list was created 8 years ago, other companies selected included Evernote, Spotify, Etsy, Zynga, Palantir, and Twitch. That selection of companies would have been the second-best performing VC portfolio of all time.